11 January 2015

Sunday Scoop!

The first week back at work has gone SO quickly!!!

I'm (already?!) linking with the Teaching Trio for their Sunday Scoop! Here's what I'm up to:


Have to do:
■ Yep, I had to go to work this weekend! I taught children how to make breaded chicken, did lots of supervision and took part in an evening entertainment for the older students who created a tessellated piece of artwork which will be displayed in the dining hall! However, although the gorgeous weather and fun activities made it quite a pleasant working weekend, I can't wait until next weekend for some proper time off!

■ Some of my students have got exams at the start of the week; after that, they'll have individual appointments to take their speaking exams! It is probably the exam the children worry about the most. Something to do with them being on their own in a room with the teacher, trying to converse for 5 minutes in a foreign language and being recorded!

■ Well, the teacher's never ending chore...

Hope to do:
I've started a new product, but with a busy weekend, I've not managed to do as much as I would have liked... I hope I'll manage to finish it by the end of the week...

I really hope that all my grading will be done by Friday so that I can enjoy my weekend!

Happy to do:
I'm very happy to enjoy the little free time I'll have this evening and will be putting my feet up for a couple of hours!!!

To read other bloggers' scoops, simply click on the image below:


Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. You so deserve a night to relax! I'm sure the children loved the activities this weekend but you totally need some time to switch off! Marking is the bane of all teachers I'm sure…I know it's the thing I always put off as long as I can! have a lovely week and a relaxing weekend next week Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my Spanish speaking exams. I was always terrified! I always felt like I had the hang of it until that moment and then it was like everything "wooshed" right out of my brain! I'm curious about the recordings. What do you do with them?

    Have a lovely week! I'm going to take your cue and force myself to put my feet up if only just for a bit this evening!

    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really important for students to get used to being recorded, as their final exam has to be recorded and sent to their future school. I also put all the recorded exams on the students' server so that they can listen to themselves :) It's amazing how they can pick up their own mistakes or mispronunciations! I also encourage them to listen to each other's exams for further improvements.

      I was terrified too when it came to my English exams (French is my mother tongue). I am still traumatised by one exam in particular, for which I'd revised all the books we'd studied all year, to end up with a painting of a field with a wheelbarrow in the background!!! Needless to say it was not my best performance lol

      Thank you so much for leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  3. The grading never ends, does it? I hope your evening is full of relaxation! Have a great week!

    Firstgradebloomabilities

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Naima,

    It must be so exciting teaching in Kenya. Hope you finished in time to get some relaxation in...

    Lisa
    LisaTeachR'sClassroom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...